Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oh Hai, James Franco!

Why hello, there!

I like that my face just says, "What? I'm I really here? Is this real life?" We went to a talk today about Short Films in America and James Franco happened to be on the panel. Prone to stalking anyway, I suggested to Natalie that we just follow him around and see where he was going, so we did that until we got the artists' entrance at the Palais and Natalie had a sudden burst of courage. It was almost surreal. She just went up and tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around a little confused, but smiling, and she asked if he would take a picture with her.

I was just standing a little further back with my badge, trying to pretend to be all casual like I was just waiting to get through the artists' entrance but I guess my face looked less than casual after Natalie just ran up there and touched James Franco. The girl with J.Franco was all cool, "Yeah, you want me to take it?" and then she turned to me and was all confused, "Do you two know each other?" and so I was all awkward, "Yeah, my friends will be so jealous," which didn't actually answer the question which might be why he only has one of his fingers on my shoulder and a whole hand on Natalie since he may have thought I was unstable or just jumping in some girl's picture for the kicks of being in a picture with him. Whatever. Awkwardness knows no borders.

I saw a cool flick about Moomins today. It blew my mind a little. There was a scene where they are trying to buy stuff from a store while they are in the middle of rushing back home because the comet is coming to destroy the Earth, anyway, the shopkeeper totaled up their stuff and told them the cost and all of Moomintroll's companions realized they had no money so they were all like, "Oh. We don't have money. I guess we have to return all this stuff," but the shopkeeper just took back Snuffkin's pants and said that the cost of the pants equaled the cost of the other purchases so they were even. Even that logic didn't make sense to Moomintroll who said, "Can that be right?" But no one wanted to argue, least of all Snorkmaiden who really wanted her mirror, so they just decided to leave it at that and take the rest of their treasures. Mind. Blowing.

Tried to go to the beach, but only made as far as the gelato stand. It was too windy anyway. I'm ready for the hot weather I packed for, Juan.

6 comments:

  1. Did you give him anything? A can of Fanta or something dusty from the bottom of your purse?

    as your personal assistant, i will make certain that you are packed appropriately for all weather conditions -- this Juan person should not have been relied upon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! Stacey just screamed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, i was looking at his pointy finger on your shoulder and i think it actually means that he "chooses" you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moomins! I love that children's book series! I adore that book: A Comet in Moominland! I'm dying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. T.S. Dogfish- Moomins was great. I'm writing a review on it, but it's coming out a little more negative than I really felt about the movie.

    Janna- I screamed a little on the inside. That's probably why I'm making that face.

    Wolfy- That makes me feel so much better. Why didn't I already hire you as my personal assistant again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I did give him something, an awkward moment, the most personal of all my gifts to give.

    ReplyDelete