Wednesday, May 12, 2010

*Will Work For Billets*

Most of our day has consisted of frenzied festival preparation. We had sessions of both classes today, the movie review one with Nate Kohn and the marketing with Jenn Smith. The festival seems more unreal the more I prepare for it and it starts to-MOR-row!

Practice at begging begins tomorrow as well if I am to get into the Premier of Robin Hood with the Opening Ceremonies. My plan is to prance around with a sign reading, "Will Work Pour Les Billets Pour < < Robin Hood > >Sil-Vous-Plait, Avec Crepes. Ou est Paul? Bon Soir!" around the carousel so the parents will want to give me all their tickets just to stop dancing around their children and making them anxious. Just kidding, but not really. I want a ticket. The more I see Tim Burton during this festival, the happier I will be. If we wind up becoming bffs, I will not be disappointed.

So, today... We arrived in Cannes and had Jenn and Anna give us another mini-tour to get us acclimated to the layout of the festival area. We took a nice group picture (which I still am unable to upload :/ ) in front of the Palais and even explored the inside of it while we got our Market Badges. FINALLY! It is official. We are marketers... or something. We have fake real business cards that say we are producers of PeachyDawg production company and everything. The bags they gave us when we got our badges were only about 100 kilos (I'm really trying to be European here), so it's a good thing I did all that weight lifting before I left the States. We have a book listing all the production companies at the festival that weighs more than some of my textsbooks, no joke.

I spent about three hours earlier pouring over the festival info trying to decide which movies, besides Robin Hood, to go see tomorrow. I think I have narrowed it down to either Freakonomics or Trash Humpers. No, I'm not kidding, it's a horror film apparently. Freakonomics has several showings though while Trash Humpers only has one, so... you do the math. Or don't if it makes you queasy.

Sorry no pictures still. A Frenchman in the hotel even noticed we were having difficulties. Actually what he said was something like, "You Americans and your internet..." but I'm pretty sure his tone suggested sympathy to our suffering. Or perhaps that was just his accent... anyway, I must remember to say something nice to him tomorrow.

AHHH!!! FESTIVAL TOMORROW!

1 comment:

  1. You make me sick. In a good way. Trying to do that kind of math did make me queasy.

    ReplyDelete